Your new company
Our client is a US listed bio-pharmaceutical company that focuses on discovery, researching, and developing innovative medicines. With a wide product portfolio of leading drugs, the company commercialises therapeutics for crucial medical needs.
Your new role
As Associate Director of Litigation & Investigation, you manage or support all aspects of assigned Investigations, Litigation, Employment Law matters across APAC. You will partner with and proactively engage with regional senior leadership to influence and advise on strategic plans that improve the Company’s approach to Litigation, Investigations, and Employment Law matters. You will maintain close coordination with legal and HR leadership in the US and APAC headquarters, designing and implementing policies, assist with healthcare audits, and manage internal and external resources.
- Lead internal and external investigations across the Asia region working collaboratively with Regional Counsel and outside counsel as required, with investigative areas including healthcare compliance, regulatory labelling, fraud, and anti-bribery (e.g. FCPA, UK Bribery Act ).
- Responsible for developing investigation plans, interviewing witnesses, assessing and documenting findings, and recommending and presenting corrective actions to business partners and senior leadership.
- Provide support to Country Counsel in managing litigation and pre-dispute matters across Asia
- Responsible for developing and assessing case strategies, assisting with interviewing fact and expert witnesses, reviewing motions and briefs, and managing external counsel
- Provide support to relevant Employee relations and HR business partners in managing employment law matters and compliance with local labour laws across Asia
What you'll need to succeed
- Advising and counselling areas including hiring and separations, wage and hour regulations or standards, employee benefits, cross-functional compliance initiatives, policies, and pre-litigation disputes or claims
- 8+ years combined experience at top-tier law firm and in-house legal department with MNC experience in US and Asian matters
What you'll get in return
- A law degree from a prominent US law school or Asian University
- Membership of a U.S. state bar or qualified to practice law in China or Hong Kong
- Substantive expertise in litigation and investigations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently
- High influencing and persuasion skills
- Functional Leadership skills – ability to lead cross-functionally by personality, competence and influence.
- Ability to work across geographies and demonstrate intercultural competence in a matrixed environment and ensure alignment to various stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, managing heavy workflows, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results succinctly
- Ability to think creatively, and exercise reliable judgement to devise solutions to challenging problems
- Demonstrated client service orientation; responding quickly and pragmatically to urgent client demands
- Exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and at least one other East Asian language, preferably Mandarin Chinese
You will be offered a very competitive salary plus discretionary bonus. You will be joining a world class pharmaceutical brand, receiving the opportunity to handle a broad range of responsibilities and work collaboratively with global business functions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.