Your new company
Our client is a tier one luxury retail group with global operations that you can literally see everywhere in the world. They are now seeking a high caliber senior lawyer to join this dynamic and growing team.
Your new role
- Supporting the GC to manage the legal matters and legal synergies in AP region (excluding anti-counterfeit issues)
- Review a large variety of commercial contracts, including but not limited to real estate, retail, E-commerce, digital projects, software/IT, construction, marketing, and other transactional contracts.
- Set up, review and update standard contract terms
- Ensure group companies strictly abide with laws and regulations across the AP region, follow up and handle corporate governance and compliance issues, such as data privacy and data security compliance, etc.
- Follow up closely on new laws and regulations in AP region, keeping management informed, making recommendations and developing action plans
- Provide legal advice on business and operation matters
- Recommend and implement process and systems improvements for the legal team
What you'll need to succeed
- 10+ years working experience with reputable law firms and/or international companies with in-depth legal knowledge of AP region
- Prior experience in the retail sector would be an asset
- Ability to independently develop legal strategies and objectives
- Capable to anticipate legal issues or risks providing alert and preventive solutions
- Detail-oriented & self-motivated
- Creative, self-motivated, responsible, committed, able to do multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English a must, and Chinese skills an advantage
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Adrian Lam at +852 2230 7432 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career.