YOUR NEW COMPANY
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
YOUR NEW TEAM
Your new team The Asia Corporate Actions team consists of 25 people split amongst 2 locations into 5 sub teams; corporate action research team, deadlines processing team, payment and control team, client service team as well as FID team.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The group interacts with a number of other groups within the firm on a daily basis such as Stock Loan, Financial and Tax Controllers, IPB and PB, and PWM. Given the cyclical nature of our volumes, extra focus is required during the peak months, which increases the demands, placed on us by our clients and in the main the role can be split into the following functions and tasks:
- Proxy Voting - The successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring accurate set up & capture of new Proxy events as well as collating and submitting voting instructions to our agent. This part of the role requires the individual to have a high attention to detail and very organized to be able to perform the task at hand while may be under pressure with high volume and time constraints.
- Deadlines – The deadline team is one of the riskiest team in Position Services where they will process all Voluntary Corporate Action events for the 17 Asia markets that we look after. This part of the role requires the individual to be accurate, methodical, organized and communicative as they could liaise with any area of the business to resolve elections issues and position reconciliations.
- Japan FID Processing – This requires much focus, diligence, accuracy and self-motivation to ensure that risk each payments is released on time. Processing is quiet manual so someone with keen eyes and attention to details is a must. The team is responsible for releasing Japan Fixed Income product payments to the relevant stakeholders.
- Risk Management – The reconciliation work that is conducted is high volume in addition to high value. The individual must work closely with their line management in prioritisation of key breaks & queries to be resolved and identify breaks that may cause losses within their daily role.
- Ad Hoc Queries – Dealing with ad hoc requests from all CSG areas/ trading areas (equity and stock lending) / Private Wealth Management groups / Financial Controllers as and when they arise.
YOUR NEW ROLE
The main responsibility includes but are not limited to:
- Protecting the firm and its clients against the risk associated with a corporate action, dividend and proxy event processing. These risk may be financial, regulatory, franchise, market or operational.
- Be the single source of high quality global corporate action information to the firm
- Provide exceptional processing services to the firm’s Global businesses in all aspects of Asset Servicing as measured by our quality, cost effectiveness and proactive support
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 1-3 years of middle office experience in financial industry preferably from banking background
- Strong organisation skills and detail oriented
- Strong communication in English
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- Be part of a top tier International Bank in Hong Kong
- Career development and top-notch employee opportunities
- Forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.