Your new company
My client is a top tier investment bank, located in Hong Kong. They are currently looking for a Data and Documentation Specialist to join them in their Group Operations Wealth Management Account Maintenance Team.
Your new role
Are you good at identifying the most effective and efficient approaches in the banking operations for Wealth Management business? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity, and are able to inﬂuence or over constructive challenge to business stakeholders around you?
We’re looking for someone like that to:
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth delivery of our operational requirements, including operational processing, controls, support of regulatory/audit responses, risk remediation etc when required.
- Analyze/escalate process issues to supervisor/manager, and identify/suggest possible process improvements and automation where applicable
This includes the following tasks and activities:
- Review and process various documentation relating to Wealth Management clients. The various types of documents include
- Product subscription documentation
- Tax documentation
- Client requests to make changes to their records
- KYC related documents
- Provide support to Client Advisors on these types of documents and provide pre-vetting support if needed. This also includes giving support to them for any exception handling they may face with their clients.
- Ensure that the document records correspond with static data in the system.
- Able to understand new regulatory requirements, translating them into operational procedures.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects either in the form of:
- Support for system testing
- Providing inputs to existing business rules
- Establishing new business rules and getting sign-offs from the various stakeholders.
- Project management involvement for large scale projects
You’ll be working in the Group Operations Wealth Management Account Maintenance Team in Hong Kong which provides exciting career opportunity for those who want to develop further in their area of expertise and provide know how across markets. We support the front business (Client Advisors, Investment Advisors and Relationship Managers) ensuring data and documentation is updated and maintained to a high standard. Providing an excellent and outstanding client experience is our main goal.
What you'll need to succeed
What you need to do now
- A university degree or Diploma in banking/finance
- 1-2 years of experience in Account Maintenance, KYC documentation, operational task within the banking industry
- English and Cantonese proficiency are a must
- Good communication skills, i.e. able to articulate the operational processes and risks, able to handle queries and challenges from internal/external stakeholders appropriately
- Proactive, driven and strong attention to detail and analytical capability
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1198426