Brilliant application support role in a top-tier investment bank!
Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
The Firm is growing SRE capabilities within our Reliability & Production Engineering (RPE) organization as part of the transformation of the Firm's Technology. They are looking for a team member to support our client connectivity, algorithm and low latency trading platform for the Firm's Electronic Trading. This role offers a fast-paced and interesting mix of technical and business challenges, allowing to develop an in-depth understanding and hands-on experience of the firm's trading technologies and businesses.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Working in a team to provide Systems Reliability Engineering and production management service to Electronic trading system and Exchange connectivity
- Troubleshooting issues across the entire technology stack: software, hardware, application and network and provide timely solution to restore service to our critical trading functions
- Working closely with engineering/development teams to design, build, and improve our trading systems
- You will identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services.
- Proactively identifying and addressing system reliability risks
- Working alongside existing global and regional team members in various locations on a follow-the-sun basis.
- Represent the RPE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have 2-5 years of relevant work experience in application support in financial industry
- Competent in Linux/Bash/Python/SQL
- Enjoy new technological challenges and solving complicated problems
- Enjoy interaction with people from different teams from both business and technology. Strong communication skills and enjoy speaking with external clients/vendors
- Able to multi-task and quickly understand new and complex systems
- Interested in distributed systems and working with highly scalable and reliable services
- Like to work in a fast-moving environment and you aren't afraid to change things to make them better
- Aspire to grow as a person, as a teammate, and as an engineer
- Have grit, drive and a deep sense of ownership Preferred skills
- Knowledge of FIX protocol preferable
- Knowledge of Financial/Equities markets preferable
What you'll get in return
• The opportunity to work in a leading investment bank
• The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
• The career development opportunities working in a fast-paced environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1223549
Banking & Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Raven Bassi, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Hong Kong
6604-06,66/F, ICC, 1 Austin Road West, West Kowloon