Your new company
Our client is an InsurTech SaaS provider created by a very large and famous insurance company in Hong Kong. They are building a suite of product platforms that insurance carriers can use to provide a fully digital experience to their customers.
They combine the culture of a start-up with the stability and backing of a Fortune 100 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Their diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. They are located in the heart of Hong Kong and in case you're wondering, yes, they provide free snacks!
Your new role
• You will be joining a small, experienced technology team with a strong agile engineering culture and remote-flexible work policy as one of the core developers responsible for our client’s revolutionary digital insurance services platform.
• In this role you will partner with your fellow technology team members, QA Engineers and business to:
- Develop algorithmic or manual underwriting intelligence.
- Build self-service tooling to manage and automate insurance front-to-back workflows.
- Collect and pre-process quality third-party data.
- Create scalable and fast customer-facing portal for taking new business applications.
• The main technologies in use are:
- Programming in Typescript from front to back.
- Frontend with Vue and Vuetify.
- Backend with Nest.js, GraphQL, TypeORM and PostgreSQL.
- Running on containerised Node.js with Kubernetes utilising range of cloud services.
What you'll need to succeed
• You will need to have a demonstrable experience in building modern, complex customer-facing web applications.
• Knowledge of developing scalable distributed systems using open-source technologies.
• Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others.
• Able to explain sophisticated problem and suggest solutions to business.
These skills are not required but are a plus:
• Working in a start-up or agile development environments
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications
• Experience in multi-platform web applications (desktop, mobile)
• Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other Relational DBMS
• Experience with enterprise cloud services like AWS, Google Compute Engine or Azure
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with Open API, web security and privacy
What you'll get in return
• This position will give you the opportunity to be part of innovative InsurTech projects in a very innovative, professional, and dynamic team.
• Our client pays competitive base salaries, and they reward performance.
• Their salary structure is commensurate with experience.
• In addition, you will be eligible to participate in their comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and MPF with additional employer voluntary contributions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1214626