Your new company
Our client is a leading international fashion lingerie and FMCG company with their head office located in Hong Kong. While they have some of their own brands, they also manufacture for some of the biggest brands in the world. They have over 30,000 employees world wide and are actively looking to grow through strategic acquisitions.
Your new role
You will be responsible to take the lead for the Company across the full range of legal matters, including but not limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of contracts (e.g. customers, supplier, employment).
- Leading regulatory and compliance affairs e.g. FCPA, import/export, environmental, etc.
- Advising on and assisting with the management of the Company’s intellectual property, including both internal policies, protection, filings, fee payments for Company intellectual property, and licensing of non-Company intellectual property.
- Advising on and managing the resolution of disputes and litigation.
- Assisting on relationship management with regulatory/government stakeholders.
- Coordinating interactions with external counsels
- Following-up and resolving issues identified during Legal Due-Diligence
- Establishing and assisting with the enforcement of the Company’s legal policies and protocol.
- Assisting on legal aspects of M&A activities, as and when such activities occur.
- Moreover, this General Counsel is expected to also provide clear and pragmatic legal advice to business stakeholders on all legal issues relating to the business (including commercial contracts, corporate, compliance, litigation, HR, IT and Finance), and support the Business Units in their existing and new business initiatives by identifying relevant legal issues and providing appropriate strategic recommendations.
What you'll need to succeed
- 8-15 years’ Post-Qualified Experience (PQE) - ideally a mix of professional practice and a minimum of 4 years of in-house counsel experience.
- Familiarity with general corporate legal work (e.g. drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, managing labour / employment matters, resolving disputes and litigation).
- Familiarity with IP / trademark related matters.
- Compliance experience (e.g. FCPA, import/export compliance) a plus.
- M&A & integration/divestment experience a plus.
Beyond legal experience, the ideal candidate should possess:
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment, comfortable with all levels of management and employees, as well as with managing external legal resources.
- The ability to manage legal spend both internally and externally.
- The ability to efficiently drill into and organize complex legal issues; including in particular, the ability to identify and define problems, establish facts, solve problems, make recommendations and draw conclusions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to operate independently with limited guidance, while adhering to the corporate hierarchy.
- Outstanding legal drafting skills and attention to detail.
What you'll need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] #1228168