Your new company
Our client is a reputable brand at the same time a Hong Kong listed company who runs a highly diversified business internationally, including in Hong Kong, mainland China, rest of Asia, US and the UK. Corporate sustainability is a core focus for the Group and is central to its businesses and the communities in which it operates. Due to the recent business expansion, they are looking for an experienced in-house commercial lawyer with high caliber to join their Group Office Legal Team.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide sound and pragmatic legal advice that best meets the needs of the business; support in the promotion of their strategic and operational objectives and activities
- Work effectively with different business units / stakeholders and be seen as a trusted legal advisor on general commercial and regulatory matters, including employment, data privacy, dispute resolution etc.
- Prepare, review and negotiate legal documentations such as service agreements, marketing materials, licensing agreements, terms and conditions etc.
- Identify, assess, and effectively manage legal risk from time to time; assist with the development of corporate policies and procedures
- Instruct and monitor the quality of legal services provided by external law firms
- Be responsible for corporate governance and compliance
- Deliver training and briefing on legal topics to the business and to keep the management abreast of legal updates and developments that may impact the Group
What you need to do now
- Hong Kong qualified lawyer with 6-10 years of post-qualified experience
- Substantial in-house general commercial experience with sizeable group/conglomerate is strictly required
- Strong experience in corporate and commercial law gained from reputable law firms
- Mature and proactive candidate with capability to work independently
- Open, engaging and communicative
- Excellent legal drafting and contract negotiation skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Cantonese
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new in-house position, please contact Ruth Ma at +852 2230 7967 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career. #1216551