Your New Company
Our client is a well-known MNC headquartered in the UK with a market leading position and global operations
across 50+ countries. Due to the gradual expansion, they are seeking a commercial lawyer with high caliber to join their regional legal team in Asia. This is a unique opportunity for in-house lawyer who is looking to get closer to the commercial business.
Your new role
- Provide sound and pragmatic legal advice that best meets the needs of the business
- You will need to be a good team player who is able to work effectively with the Business and be seen as a trusted-advisor.
- You will need to have a good understanding of the Business (including understanding their strategic and operational objectives and aims) and be able to identify and assess legal risk and provide sound and pragmatic legal advice that is both business and solution-oriented while effectively managing legal risk at the same time.
- You will be responsible for instructing and monitoring the quality of legal services provided by external law firms.
- General legal counselling (including competition, marketing activities review, personal data protection, employment, company ordinance etc.
- Corporate governance and compliance.
- You will also prepare and deliver training and briefings on legal topics to the Business and to keep Group Legal, the Business and management abreast of legal updates and developments that may impact the Group.
- Role requires agility and understanding of how to manage internal stakeholders across different teams and business units.
What you'll need to succeed
- Hong Kong qualified solicitor with at least 6 years PQE
- In-house experience in a must
- Solid experience in corporate or commercial law gained from reputable law firms.
- Mature and pro-active candidate
- Open, engaging and communicative
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Adrian Lam at +852 2230 7432 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career. #1174071