Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
In this role you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist sales and trading to draft termsheets for derivatives structured products in all forms - notes, swaps, options, financing warrants, certificates and funds.
- Prepare Pricing Supplement for Securitised products and review of Confirmation for OTC products.
- Manage the system that records flow transactions and work closely with the relevant internal departments to receive approvals for each trade.
- Advise sales and trading on legal/regulatory issues. Discuss with Legal and Compliance on new issues and organize special product approvals.
- Work with other structuring team members on projects that develop new platforms and products, including working with external counsel on documentation, advising structuring team on legal matters, assisting senior lawyer to make progress on the projects.
- Work with other structuring team members on custom strategy (i.e. algorithm based index) approvals including preparing index materials, marketing materials and product termsheet and transaction document.
Legal Skills and Knowledge required for this Job
- Familiar with cross-asset ISDA terms and conditions, including equity, commodities, funds, fx and rates.
- Good knowledge of derivatives and structured products in terms of basic pay-off and wrappers.
- Good understanding of notes programs including the structure of a program and the regulatory requirements relevant to a European program.
- Capable of drafting termsheets and offer documents and discussing with sales and trading on the terms.
- Good knowledge of legal contracts such as purchase agreements, distribution agreements, dealer agreements, confidentiality agreements; comfortable with negotiating with clients on these agreements.
- Good knowledge of the basic legal/regulatory framework in the main Asian markets (HK, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan).
- Good knowledge or experience of Fund products is a bonus.
What you'll get in return
- At least 1-year post qualification experience.
- Worked in-house or seconded in-house at an Investment Bank is preferred.
- Working for or received training from a reputable law firm.
- English language with Mandarin as a plus.
• The opportunity to work in a leading investment bank
• The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
• The career development opportunities working in a fast-paced environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1221020