Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
The Asian PWM franchise is an increasingly important part of the Institutional Equities Division business. The rapidly growing and fast evolving nature of this business presents unique challenges to the effective construction of risk management architecture to identify measure and/or monitor the financial, non–financial and regulatory risks.
Business Unit Risk Management Surveillance operates within the Asia Private Wealth Management business and oversees, monitors, measures and analyses non market risk exposure.
The primary responsibilities for this business supervision role include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Partner with the PWM business and control partners such as Compliance and legal to establish the regulatory controls, governance framework and methodology is effectively in place to manage the risk of business
- Performs daily supervisory and trade based surveillance reviews to ensure adherence to Firm's policy and procedures. Monitor and identify internal breaches / control weaknesses and conduct investigations. Recommend corrective actions where needed.
- Prepare documentation to report and escalate to senior management any issues and exceptions highlighted.
- Oversee and manage outsourced surveillance teams to ensure that supervisory/surveillance reviews meet our performance criteria and quality standards.
- 3-4 years of relevant working experience in banking or project management
- PC Skills: Advanced Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, knowledge on programming such as macro/ python would be a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Risk, Compliance or Global Markets experience
- Previous work experience in a similar control/risk function within the business
- Product knowledge of various asset-classes including equity, fixed income, listed and OTC derivatives and banking products'
What you'll get in return
• The opportunity to work in a leading investment bank
• The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
• The career development opportunities working in a fast-paced environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1217592