Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
The Firm is looking for an experienced professional to join its team in Asia to support the Sourcing and Third Party Program Management (TPPM), activities in its China operations.
The role shall foster regional/global consistency where possible, by executing the following key responsibilities:
• Project Management of for integration activities.
• Support the implementation of TPPM operations and provide ongoing support.
• Day-to-day involvement in contractual and commercial matters and issues arising within the China Business. This will include, but not limited to, tender preparation, bid analysis, contract preparation and award, contract negotiation and administration, vendor management and external representation of the sourcing function.
• Knowledge of competitive opportunities within sourcing categories and identify operational and cost savings to benefit the Firm
• Working either autonomously or closely with business partners to develop sourcing strategies and lead commercial negotiations with vendors on a local or regional basis
• Enhance the credibility of the function by working closely with internal business partners whilst demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and commercial/legal expertise
• Foster a positive team environment encompassing all job categories and functions within the Firm
• Depending on the project or contract, the Sourcing Manager will interface with various internal business partners and vendors. The individual must be adept and comfortable to liaise with, Senior Stakeholders, Legal and Compliance, Finance and Tax, Vendor etc.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- 5-7 years' experience in strategic sourcing, third party risk, contract negotiation
- Proven success sourcing in China (preferred)
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills in Mandarin and English (Mandarin is a must)
- Candidate should have a strong background in sourcing, vendor management and a solid understanding of the China local market.
What you need to do now
- The opportunity to work in a leading investment bank
- The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
- The career development opportunities working in a fast-paced environment
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1217783