Your new company
Our client is the corporate and investment banking arm of the 12th largest banking group worldwide in terms of tier 1 capital (The Banker, July 2021).
Nearly 8,600 employees across Europe, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and North Africa support this company’s clients, meeting their financial needs throughout the world.
The bank offers its large corporate and institutional clients a range of products and services in capital markets activities, investment banking, structured finance, commercial banking, and international trade.
Your new role
- The purpose of the position is to support Linear and non-linear business applications mostly for the Asia region, for which the regional hub is Hong Kong.
- You will be working within the team responsible for the delivery and support of IT services to the relevant following Capital Markets Products Line.
- You will be providing 1st and 2nd line “trade floor” support.
- You will assist to implement business requests for Linear and non-linear product line.
- You will coordinate with Asia project manager and overseas IT teams for projects and system implementations.
- You will be responsible for the following systems within Front Office Booking and Risk: OT, Summit BO, MarketWire.
- You will be providing functional and technical help around the relevant systems to users worldwide by:
- Ensuring correct pricing of instruments.
- Ensuring platforms admin in relation with system providers, both internal and external.
- Dealing with STP (straight thru processing) issues.
- Working within the 24x7 ‘follow the sun’ set up: Morning Shifts are required.
- Conforming to all internal policies and procedures.
- Managing customer relations when dealing directly with both internal and external users of the systems.
- Assisting members of team (business or technical analysts).
- Liaising with users and developers.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be working both within the team responsible, or alone when requested, to act as, or in conjunction with a specific project manager:
- Assisting in the completion and timely delivery of projects.
- Testing, including writing test scripts, for new releases.
- Assisting the tracking of both time and resources on the projects.
- Your key internal contacts will be:
- Global Orchestrade team (Paris, London, HK, NY)
- GMD users in Asia
- OPC users in Asia
- Other IT teams for upstream and downstream applications in Asia (mainly in HK and also Paris and London)
- ITS in Singapore for monitoring
What you'll get in return
- Good trouble shooting skills and be a quick learner.
- Knowledge on financial products and market operations.
- Proactive, independent and proven ability to work under tight target and pressure.
- Good command of English and Chinese; Mandarin would be advantage.
- Good command of SQL and Unix. Knowledge of C# would be an advantage.
- Motivated, good communicator, team oriented.
What you need to do now
- This position will give you the opportunity to be a part of a large and international banking group.
- You will be joining a team of smart and energetic talents, working on a highly technical and complex trading environment.
- You will get a competitive Salary package.
If you have the drive to succeed in this role or are interested in roles within Finance, please contact me with an attached CV at Doriane.email@example.com or feel free to call me at 5125-6694.